During a training class I give to the Curry’s Auto Service sales team, I go over this list of words. Some of them are “attitude” words; others are more like qualifying words–I call them “viscosity” phrases, since they keep things moving along.
Words are important: they help shape the tone of a conversation and sometimes the outcome of a situation. Customers appreciate a genuinely (honest) positive attitude and environment–not a fake veneer of “yes,” but a helpful, responsive atmosphere.
So, without further ado, here’s the list. (Feel free to steal them!)
- We have the best people and the equipment!
- No problem!
- Super-duper! (My favorite.)
And some “viscosity” phrases:
- Is that fair?
- How does that sound?
- When would you like to come in?
- What can I do to earn your business?
- What is a convenient time for you to come in?
- How long do you plan on keeping the car?
- Does that make sense? (This is probably my favorite.)